Thursday 15 August 2013

Interesting London

As I'm moving down to London with my husband soon, we have spent many a weekend going house/flat hunting. I also had the "pleasure" of pounding the streets, covering many miles (if I give you an exact number you will be shocked), but the upside was that I was able to see some really interesting aspects of London you don't see when you go on the tube. Particularly East London which isn't much on people's tourist maps.

So, first of all, take a look around Greenwich Park. It was a nice sunny day, and I tried to capture a panoramic view of London using my phone. We'd climbed up a rather large hill (I owe my husband lots of hills...) and this was the view on the way down:



You can see Canary Wharf directly in front of you, and City of London on the left.

On a separate trip, I'd like to think, we walked from Bow through Victoria Park and out in Hackney/Shoreditch and on the way to Hoxton on the other side. If you think graffiti spoils the streets, you'd be right. But what shocked me was the amount of amazing artistic detail that went into these 'paintings'. 

Sights and delights of East London.

Colour on the street.

Follow the black rabbit?

Toy Story and...other Disney characters?! Who knows...

'Til next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment